From July 2016 to June 2017, I worked as a software engineer and designer at castAR's Salt Lake City studio. The studio initially consisted mostly of former Avalanche employees and was founded to develop games for the company's planned AR platform. Here, my responsibilities included:
- Implementing gameplay for planned AR showcase launch title in Unity and Visual Studio (C#).
- Designing levels, progression, and spawning behaviors for a variety of different game modes.
- Collaborating with design team to plan and review game features and systems.
- Interfacing with artists to define and integrate needed VFX, animations, and 3D models.
- Working with engineers to solve technical problems and optimize game for platform hardware.
Between October 2015 and May 2016, I worked as a game design intern at Disney Interactive's Avalanche Software. Here, my primary responsibility was designing playable characters for Disney Infinity 3.0, including Baloo and three unreleased avatars. My responsibilities as a designer included:
- Designing and iterating upon character movesets.
- Implementing and fine-tuning avatar combat abilities using visual scripting interface.
- Tuning attack reactions, damage values, and skill tree progression.
- Collaborating with animators and FX artists to ensure optimal visual representation of abilities.
- Working with programmers to implement and tune special abilities.